- Cameras record your vehicle registration number when you enter the Park. No tickets are issued.
You don't need to do anything until you are ready to leave.
- When you are ready to leave, go to one of the payment machines in the main car parks. Please note the nearest machine to the overflow car park on the meadow is at Lakeside car park.
- Enter your full registration number into the payment machine.
- Pay the amount shown on the screen. Where there are two payment machines located next to each other, one will accept cards and coins (with change given) and also have the facility for contactless payment; the other machine will be card only.
- Your payment is complete. You have an additional 30 minutes to return to your vehicle and exit the Park.
- When you approach the exit barrier, the camera will recognise your registration number, know that you have paid and the barrier will rise automatically.
As an independent Charitable Trust, we receive no funding from the taxpayer and are totally reliant on income we generate ourselves. Income from parking helps us to provide great facilities and landscape for visitors to enjoy.
Parking charges are now in place at Nene Park Trust car parks at Ferry Meadows, Orton Meadows and Thorpe Meadows.
Annual parking membership is available for just £70 at Ferry Meadows and includes a number of additional benefits.
Charges apply to all vehicles, all day every day. uses Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and has entry and exit barriers. The system is managed by Park Indigo UK.
Please be aware there is a 2.1 metre height barrier at the entrance to Ferry Meadows. Please read the relevant section below regarding permitted and non-permitted vehicles.
Opening times 2018/19:
Ferry Meadows is accessible to pedestrians and cyclists at all times.
Opening and last entry times for vehicle access at Ferry Meadows are below.
Winter opening times:
October 2 to March 25: 06:30 - 18:30
Summer opening times:
March 26 to October 1: 06:30 - 22:00
Charges apply to all vehicles, all day, every day. The car park is monitored by Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR), managed by Park Indigo.
Peak times 8am – 8pm (all year round)
Up to 1 hour £1.70
1 – 1.5 hours £2.20
1.5 to 2 hours £2.80
2 to 2.5 hours £3.30
3.5 to 3 hours £3.90
3 to 3.5 hours £4.40
3.5 – 4 hours £5.00
Over 4 hours £5.50
Off peak times 8pm - 8am (all year round)
60p per hour
Grace period 20 minute
Annual membership is available at Ferry Meadows only and is £70 for the year. Members are automatically recognised by the system and do not need to enter details into the payment machines.
For just £70 per year (or £35 for members of Peterborough and District Angling Association) you'll receive...
- A year of parking that equates to just £1.35 per week
- 10% discount on retail purchases from the Visitor Centre
- 10% discount on retail purchases from Nene Outdoors
- 10% discount on Pay and Play activities at Nene Outdoors
- Convenience - parking machine not required at the end of your stay
Income generated from parking membership contributes to future plans to develop the Park and provide great facilities for our visitors to enjoy.
To download an application form, please click here.
Members of the following organisations can benefit from special parking arrangements:
- Peterborough and District Angling Association (PDAA) - click here for details
- Lakeside Sailing Club - click here for details
Annual membership is also available to purchase as a gift for someone. For more details please click here.
We also offer a membership for disabled people who need carers or companions to drive them into the Park. Click here to find out more our new Essential Companions parking membership scheme.
To make changes to your existing parking membership details please complete and return the membership details amendment form which can be downloaded by clicking here.
Discovery Den (near the Visitor Centre)
Main car park
Coach car park
Lakeside car park
The standard charges apply to Blue Badge holders. All main car parks have designated blue badge spaces. Please ensure your badge is displayed at all times. After paying, all visitors have an additional 30 minutes to exit the Park. For details of the general accessibility of Nene Park visit the accessibility section on this website.
There is an intercom system on each payment machine and on the exit barriers which connects to a customer service advisor at all times. If you encounter a problem while you are in the Park, use this service. For general queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The height barrier was installed to prevent unauthorised encampments which cost the Trust time and money to remove. The incidents lead to distress and complaints from Park users and businesses operating within the Park.
The maximum height for vehicles is 2.1 metres, an industry standard measurement. It is the responsibility of the driver to know the height of the vehicle and if there is any doubt assistance should be sought.
The following over-height vehicles are permitted access:
- Cars with cycles or roof boxes on top
- Legitimate deliveries to concessionaires until 10am each day
- Cars towing or carrying water sports equipment for use at Lakeside
- Coaches and minibuses
- Vehicles displaying a current disabled pass
- People connected to authorised events held with the Trust's knowledge
Please call the Duty Ranger on 07860 308081 when you arrive at the height barrier and allow time for a member of staff to reach you, they may be some distance away. Your patience is appreciated.
The following vehicles are not permitted access:
- Any other vehicles including cars towing caravans
- Motor homes
- Mobile homes
- Commercial vehicles not on official business
There is parking available for these vehicles at Orton Mere which is approximately 2km / 1.3m from Ferry Meadows.
(Golf Course and Pitch and Putt, Rutland Cycling and The Granary)
Parking charges are in place at Orton Meadows, and apply to all vehicles, all day, every day. The car park has an entry and exit barrier with tickets.
Opening Hours 2018/19:
Orton Meadows is accessible to pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles at all times.
- As you enter Orton Meadows, drive up to the entry barriers and you will be issued with a ticket. The barrier will then rise.
- When you are ready to leave, enter your ticket at the payment machine and pay the appropriate charge. The machine accepts card, coins or contactless payment. For customers of The Granary, Rutland Cycling or Orton Meadows Golf and Pitch & Putt, FREE parking is in place provided you present your ticket at that business before you leave.
- You have an additional 30 minutes to return to your vehicle and exit the car park.
- When you approach the exit barrier, enter your ticket and it will rise automatically provided you have paid the correct tariff or had your ticket validated.
No - Nene Park Trust offers an Annual Parking Membership for Ferry Meadows only.
The standard charges apply to Blue Badge holders. The car park has designated blue badge spaces. Please ensure your badge is displayed at all times.
After paying, all visitors have an additional 30 minutes to exit the Park.
There is a 24 hour intercom button on the pay machines and at the exit barrier, which you can call for assistance. For general queries about parking contact email@example.com
Paid parking at Orton Meadows will not be valid in Ferry Meadows car park. When entering Ferry Meadows, your vehicle registration number will be recorded by ANPR (see above) and you will be required to pay for the time you have been in the Park before leaving. Payment is not transferrable across other sites.
Up to 1 hour FREE
1 – 2 hours £2.50
Over 2 hours £5.00
Free ticket validations for customers of businessess at Orton Meadows ie: Orton Meadows Golf and Pitch & Putt, Rutland Cycling and The Granary.
Charges apply 24 hours a day, 7 day a week.
Orton Mere and Woodston Reach
There is no charge for the car park at Orton Mere.
Opening Hours 2018/19:
Orton Mere is accessible to pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles at all times.
The paths at Orton Mere are hard surfaced, relatively flat and suitable for push chairs and wheelchairs.
The paths at Woodston Reach are hard surfaced with some slopes which may present difficulties to some wheelchair and pushchair users.
The nearby Thorpe Meadows can be accessed by crossing the Nene Valley Railway and the footbridge over the Mere. Please note there is a gradient after crossing the Mere on the North side of the River.
There are solar powered pay and display payment machines in the car park. Payment can be made in cash at the machine or by card with the new mobile app. All instructions are on the payment machines in the car park.
It is free to park for one hour then £2.50 for 24 hours.
Opening Hours 2018/19:
Thorpe Meadows is accessible to pedestrians, cyclists and vehicles at all times.
Please be aware there is a 2.1 metre height barrier across the entrance to the car park.
The paths around the rowing lake are hard surfaced, flat and suitable for push chairs and wheelchairs.