New parking system at Ferry Meadows is live
After months of planning and hard work, we're pleased to announce that the new parking system at Ferry Meadows, managed by Park Indigo UK, is now up and running.
Here's a summary of how the new system works:
- As you approach the entry barrier, cameras record your vehicle registration number.
- The entry barrier will automatically rise. No tickets are issued. You don't need to do anything until you are ready to leave.
- When you are ready to leave, go to one of the payment machines in the main car parks. Please note the nearest machine to the overflow car park on the meadow is at Lakeside car park.
- Enter your full registration number into the payment machine.
- Pay the amount shown on the screen. Where there are two payment machines located next to each other, one will accept cards and coins (with change given) and also have the facility for contactless payment; the other machine will be card only.
- Your payment is complete. You have an additional 30 minutes to return to your vehicle and exit the Park.
- When you approach the exit barrier, the camera will recognise your registration number, know that you have paid and the barrier will rise automatically.
To find out more about the changes take a look at our Parking page.