Ferry Meadows at 40: Activities Weekend
To continue marking Ferry Meadows' landmark 40th birthday, our second weekend of celebrations is taking place on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 September - our Activities Weekend, which will highlight the huge range of sport and leisure activities the Park has to offer for all the family.
The main hub of activities will take place around Lakeside, with further activities stretching from Lakeside Play onto Coney Meadows as far as the Visitor Centre. The activitieswill run from 10am - 4pm both days and include:
- Helicopter rides (Saturday 1 September only). Book your ride direct with Turweston helicopters, select the 'Nene Park' option and enjoy seeing Nene Park from the air.
- Dog show (Sunday 2 September). Bring your pooch along and see how they fare against other four-legged friends in a range of categories.
- Fly ball demonstrations (Sunday)
- Climbing (across the weekend) - we have our Clip 'n Climb climbing walls, assisted tree climbing (advance booking recommended) and a 'Spider mountain' activity.
- Tractor rides (Sunday 2 September)
- A pop-up skatepark at Lakeside
- Pedal-powered smoothie maker and scalextric
- Football darts
- E-bikes tasters
- Have a go Archery
- Watersports activities at Nene Outdoors, including taster sessions for sailing.
- Fairground rides
- Bouncy castle
- Bungee trampolines
- Salvation army band (Sunday 2.30pm)
- Food stalls
Throughout the weekend, you will be able to collect stamps on a special flyer from the different activities you visit. Collect enough stamps and then claim your prize at the Visitor Centre!
Keep an eye on our website and social media for updates on what else is happening over the weekend. We're looking forward to welcoming you here!